On 28 June 2010 12:04, Peter Johnson <peter.john...@peterstow.com> wrote:
> If you are looking at ActiveSync directly on the phone then you don't need to
> accept client certificates. Are you using a 3rd party cert or is it self
> signed?

Hi there,

We have a 3rd party cert for IIS for use with OWA so that users
browsers verify our site externally (Its a GoDaddy cert).

Sorry but you have confused me slightly; authentication settings for
ActiveSync on the sever are currently password (clear text) over SSL
because I can't use the certification options which is where I want to
be. If I am to install a certificate on the device so that I can set
the Exchange server to accept client certificates my understanding is
that I first need to deploy a cert info Active Directory?

There is where I am stuck, on technet I can find no documentation as
to what kind of certificate and how to do this?

James.

http://www.jamesbensley.co.cc/

There are 10 kinds of people in the world; Those who understand
Vigesimal, and 9 others...?