(Sorry I forgot to change the subject line)

We're running Forefront on our Exchange 2007 server.   For some reason last
night we had about 100 valid emails quarantined due to "exceeded internet
timeout"

My first question has to do with manually delivering these messages.  When I
use Forefront to deliver them, the original emails are coming through as
attachments with no extension. The users haven't a clue how to open them. This
seems like different behavior from what used to happen, which, if I remember
right, were eml files that opened automatically in Outlook.

Is there a way to send the emails through without confusing my user base
further?