From: bounce-9013087-8066...@lyris.sunbelt-software.com
[mailto:bounce-9013087-8066...@lyris.sunbelt-software.com] On Behalf Of James
Bensley
Sent: 13 July 2010 10:23
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: SP3 Install

Hey List.

Got an E2k7 SP1 server reinstall to perform; this particular server is
undergoing hardware changes. I have read the documentation regarding
reinstalling exchange and using the "/M:RecoverServer" switch to pull
some details out of AD back into the server to get some of the rolls
back up and running quicker.

(http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Recovering-Exchange-2007-Server-RecoverServer-switch.html)

What I am wondering is; can I install Exchange from fresh with the SP3
set up rather than installing Exchange and then upgrading with the
/M:RecoverServer switch. Does the SP3 set up support this mode so this
server and go strait to SP3 and pull the previous configuration out of
AD or is this a no no because the settings in AD were from when the
server was a Exchange 2k7 SP1 set up?

James.

http://www.jamesbensley.co.cc/

There are 10 kinds of people in the world; Those who understand
Vigesimal, and J others...?