From: Carl Houseman [mailto:c.house...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2010 11:26 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Exchange 2003 on non RAID 2 drive server. Exchange and store are
on drive with bad sectors.

You're right about the /disasterrecovery situation.  On your question re: GUID
mismatches, since MBS approved the idea and has also advised in the past, to
uninstall and re-install Exchange around a dcpromo event, that a proper restore
cares only about the server name and the availability of storage at the same
drive letters.  But I have not run that particular lab experiment.