From: Paul Steele [mailto:paul.ste...@acadiau.ca]
Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2010 11:49 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Uninstalling Exchange 2003

The final step in our Exchange 2010 deployment is uninstalling Exchange 2003.
I've completed all the other decommissioning steps (deleting routing groups,
moving Public Folder replicas to the new server, and moving all mailboxes. When
I try to uninstall Exchange 2003, I get the following error when I select
"Remove":

Setup encountered an error while checking prerequisites for the component
"Microsoft Exchange":
0X80072030 (8240): There is no such object on the server.

I found a URL relating to this problem at

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283089

and have gone through the suggestions on how to resolve it. As far as I can
tell, there are no mailboxes left on the Exchange 2003 server (I've deleted all
storage groups in fact). I found some groups that were email enabled which I've
removed the Exchange attributes from. Unfortunately the problem persists, and
the log file doesn't give anything useful as far as what condition actually
caused the error.

Any suggestions on what to look for?