All,

Win2k3 R2 SP2, patched, E2k3 SP2 patched.

C: - RIAD1 73gb OS only
E: - RAID1 73gb Exchange Logs only
F: - RAID1 300gb Exchange databases only

All SAS 10k drives in a Dell 2950 with 3gb RAM

E: and F: are filling up.

I've purchased two 600gb SAS 15k drives from Dell and plan the following:

o- Stop and set to manual the Exchange services.

o- Copy the logs from E: to F:

o- Change the the drive letter from F: to E:

o- Remove the drives for E: from their trays and replace them with the
600gb drives, and label the new RAID1 drive as F:

o- Move the databases from E: to F:, then start the Exchange services,
go home and have a glass of wine.

Am I missing anything? I want to make sure I don't have to make any
registry adjustments for the disk change, or something silly like
that.

Also, separate but slightly related question: Currently, all of the
mailboxes are in a single database, including the Message Journaling
mailbox. I plan to break this out into at least three separate
databases: 1 for Message Journaling, and two or more for individual's
mailboxes. All three of the company's servers (AU, UK and US) journal
to the US server.

Question: Once I put the MJ mailbox in its own database, will I have
to fiddle with things in ESM, or will all of the servers pick up the
change?

Thanks,

Kurt