I already have a wildcard certificate so that may be that way I'll go. I sort
of have things working with my UC cert so I'm happy for now. Hard to play with
a production server...

From: Michael B. Smith [mailto:mich...@smithcons.com]
Sent: August-03-10 11:45 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Using an alias for an Exchange server

As another poster said, the easiest way to do this is with a wildcard
certificate and then updating the EAS config (using the Set-OutlookProvider
cmdlet)....but if you can't afford a book you probably can't afford a wildcard
certificate either. :)

On your CAS servers you'll need a SAN that includes the external fully
qualified domain name (FQDN) you want to use, plus one for autodiscover. Then
you'll configure each of the virtual directories to use that FQDN. That's
pretty much the long and the short of it. You'll need to configure the vdir for
OA, OWA, ECP, EAS, and OAB (and any other TLA you can think of!). :)

Regards,

Michael B. Smith
Consultant and Exchange MVP
http://TheEssentialExchange.com