We use Gammadyne, which is pretty cheap, and regularly send to up to
2k contacts. We point it at our Exchange server, and it blasts out
emails individually. It can do more than we use it for, too.

There are others, but I'm not up on the field.

However, if you're strapped, and you want to be creative, you could
use blat and script it.