We're on Exchange 2003 and I have some questions about recipient
policies, something I've never been entirely comfortable with as I've
never been sure at what point clicking OK/Apply will go off and
generate/alter the email addresses of everyone in our company.

So, I have a "Default Policy" with a filter of "(mailnickname=*)" which
has and X400 type, and an SMTP type of @ourdomain.com

If I create a new user called Joe Bloggs, we set the alias to Joe Bloggs
(it default to JoeBloggs) and the account is created with an SMTP
address of "JoeBloggs<at>ourdomain.com" which we then have to manually
change to joe.bloggs<at>ourdomain.com.

Can I set policies to:

a)      Default the Exchange alias to Joe Bloggs rather than JoeBloggs

b)      Default the SMTP address generated to
joe.bloggs<at>ourdomain.com without Exchange modifying/generating
additional addresses for any existing accounts?

Thanks,

Paul

--
MIRA Ltd

Watling Street, Nuneaton, Warwickshire, CV10 0TU, England.

Registered in England and Wales No. 402570
VAT Registration  GB 114 5409 96

The contents of this e-mail are confidential and are solely for the use of the
intended recipient.
If you receive this e-mail in error, please delete it and notify us either by
e-mail, telephone or fax.
You should not copy, forward or otherwise disclose the content of the e-mail as
this is prohibited.