From: Chuck [mailto:cha...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, August 16, 2010 1:14 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Exchange 5.5 and AD Question

I am working for a new client that has a very old set up still using Exchange
5.5 and an NT 4.0 domain. I plan on upgrading the domain this weekend and then
in the next month or so moving to Exchange 2003 (for now!) since that seems to
be the easiest migration path at this point (apart from creating a new Exchange
group and starting from scratch.

My question is during the period between upgrading the domain and upgrading
Exchange, it is absolutely necessary to install the Active Directory Connector
or will I be OK without it for a few weeks until I start the Exchange upgrade
process? I realize there are benefits in running it, but is it necessary?  I
need a little sanity check before I upgrade the domain.

Chuck