I am setting up my Exchange 2010 environment in preparation to migrate from
Exchange 2003.

I have successfully created the first server with HT + CAS roles
I am working on setting up the first mailbox server.  Exchange has been
installed, but EMC and EMS will not connect using the mailbox server (either
locally or remotely from the CAS server)  When I open up EMS the following
error is displayed:

VERBOSE: Connecting to MB01.domain.local
[mb01.colonial.local] Connecting to remote server failed with the following
error message : The client cannot conne
ct to the destination specified in the request. Verify that the service on the
destination is running and is accepting
requests. Consult the logs and documentation for the WS-Management service
running on the destination, most commonly II
S or WinRM. If the destination is the WinRM service, run the following command
on the destination to analyze and config
ure the WinRM service: "winrm quickconfig". For more information, see the
about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic.
    + CategoryInfo          : OpenError:
(System.Manageme....RemoteRunspace:RemoteRunspace) [], PSRemotingTransportExc
   eption
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : PSSessionOpenFailed
VERBOSE: Connecting to CAS01.domain.local
VERBOSE: Connected to CAS01.domain.local.

I have done as the error suggests and run "winrm quickconfig" with no relief.
I also tried turning off the windows firewall temporarily, again no help.

Can anyone suggest anything else to try?