Make sure that whatever you get looks at file structure to determine if it is
an executable, and looks inside archives (zip etc.) regardless of renaming.

________________________________
From: Paul Hutchings [mailto:paul.hutchi...@mira.co.uk]
Sent: Friday, August 20, 2010 10:24 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: File blocking for Exchange 2003?

I'm looking at A/V and antispam options as per my other thread.  A number of
products I've looked at are aimed at protecting the edge.

Is there anything out there that is cheap that will just do attachment
filtering on Exchange?

These days Outlook seems pretty good at blocking receiving of executables but
it would be good to have something which would strip out dangerous attachments
at the server level without going to the extent of being full antivirus ($$$ if
you want to do it at the edge too).

--
MIRA Ltd

Watling Street, Nuneaton, Warwickshire, CV10 0TU, England

Registered in England and Wales No. 402570
VAT Registration  GB 114 5409 96

The contents of this e-mail are confidential and are solely for the use of the
intended recipient.  If you receive this e-mail in error, please delete it and
notify us either by e-mail, telephone or fax.  You should not copy, forward or
otherwise disclose the content of the e-mail as this is prohibited.