Yes....

________________________________

From: Michael B. Smith [mailto:mich...@smithcons.com]
Sent: 24 August 2010 16:27
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Exchange 2010 stops working with store using the majority
of the cpu

Are these vm's?

Regards,

Michael B. Smith

Consultant and Exchange MVP

http://TheEssentialExchange.com

From: Andy Lawrence [mailto:and...@ansltd.info]
Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 8:54 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Exchange 2010 stops working with store using the majority of
the cpu

Hello All,

we have a mixed Exchange 2003 and 2010 exchange setup. Exchange 2010 has
been installed for a couple of weeks and at least 3 times during the 2
weeks it has stopped servicing clients. Outlook clients cannot connect
and when I have looked on the server the store.exe process is using as
much cpu time as it can get its hands on, usually between 40% and 98%.
If you test pop3 connectivity you can connect but after putting in a
username and password it hangs.

The 2 Exchange 2003 servers continue to function normally.

Restarting the Microsoft Exchange information store service fixes it and
all seems fine for a few days.

A couple of points to note:

There are only only about 10 mailboxes on the server.

One of them is large, about 12GB and is viewed by 6 or 7 people. I
believe that most if not all the people with this mailbox are getting
the mapi session error logged on the server stating that "the maximum of
500 objects of type objtfolder" has been exceeded. There is also similar
logs for objtFolderView. I know how to change this but am loath to make
it too high and would rather stop it happening.

We have configured a DAG for one of the databases but the server was
misbehaving before we did this.

The server has been patched and has rollup 4 installed.

Any ideas how to troubleshoot this?!

Andy

 This message has been scanned for viruses by BlackSpider MailControl
<http://www.blackspider.com/>

Click here
<https://www.mailcontrol.com/sr/wEaaKHZFx7XTndxI!oX7UslqkbOixnGd83Sb4DlF
sDc1WqBIHkc9Xi0KtlIYZppm+e3aRqwWADP63Umxp4EWgA==>  to report this email
as spam.