I've been running it for years with both Cloudmark and the Sunbelt filters
active and find that it does a good job.  We reject about 80% of the inbound
mail and aside from when spammers figure out a  new trick, users don't
complain about SPAM.

No issues with the A/V engine either.

-Jeff Steward

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 4:40 PM, Paul Hutchings
<paul.hutchi...@mira.co.uk>wrote:

> A couple of questions for those of you using Vipre for Exchange.
>

> Firstly, how do you find the various anti-spam engines?
>

> We’ve used it a couple of years and I’m finding Cloudmark fantastic.  I’ve
> never tried the Sunbelt Advanced Engine (aka mail-filters.com) but I just
> enabled it with a low enough score to log but nothing more, and it’s already
> found a couple of false positives, something which doesn’t seem to happen at
> all often with Cloudmark unless there are spammy links in the messages (i.e.
> occasional traffic to various mail server/spam type mailing lists).
>

> I’ll leave it logging but I wondered what the experiences were over the
> longer term.
>

> Secondly, how are you finding the antivirus?
>

> I’ve actually had this disabled for a while now due to the hassles the old
> Bitdefender engine used to cause (if an update failed Outlook would simply
> refuse to display messages until you went through a purge routine of the
> defs on the server).
>

> I’ve just re-enabled it and enabled viper and authentium engines, just
> after a little reassurance that I’m not making a huge mistake.
>

> Thanks!
> ------------------------------
> *MIRA Ltd*
>
> Watling Street, Nuneaton, Warwickshire, CV10 0TU, England
> Registered in England and Wales No. 402570
> VAT Registration  GB 114 5409 96
>
> The contents of this e-mail are confidential and are solely for the use of
> the intended recipient.  If you receive this e-mail in error, please delete
> it and notify us either by e-mail, telephone or fax.  You should not copy,
> forward or otherwise disclose the content of the e-mail as this is
> prohibited.
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to exchangelist as: jstew...@gmail.com.
> To unsubscribe click here:
> http://lyris.sunbelt-software.com/u?id=8250069.b0422841180fe43d5a0d77a8237dbd1b&n=T&l=exchangelist&o=9077069
> (It may be necessary to cut and paste the above URL if the line is broken)
> or send a blank email to
> leave-9077069-8250069.b0422841180fe43d5a0d77a8237db...@lyris.sunbelt-software.com

---
You are currently subscribed to exchangelist as: arch...@mail-archive.com.