The biggest advantage to splitting it up will be how fast you can get it back
online in a DR situation.

If you keep the databases on separate backup tapes, you can multi-thread the
restore and have everything back online a lot faster.

From: Steve Hart [mailto:sh...@wrightbg.com]
Sent: Monday, August 30, 2010 5:00 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Multiple databases?

I'm setting up a new server on Exchange 2007 SP3. We have 120 mailboxes ranging
in size from 2.5 GB down to nothing.   3 TB of hard drive space.

Do you see an advantage in using multiple storage groups and databases?

---
You are currently subscribed to exchangelist as:
rob_campb...@centraltechnology.net<mailto:rob_campb...@centraltechnology.net>.
To unsubscribe click here:
http://lyris.sunbelt-software.com/u?id=6576194.c14bf2e8b73ee3739e76e3e820d85554&n=T&l=exchangelist&o=9079825
or send a blank email to
leave-9079825-6576194.c14bf2e8b73ee3739e76e3e820d85...@lyris.sunbelt-software.com<mailto:leave-9079825-6576194.c14bf2e8b73ee3739e76e3e820d85...@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>
Note:
The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential
and
protected from disclosure.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to
replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.