I now have three sites where I am replicating Exchange out to a data centre
with DAG.
All three key roles are on the same server, so it is being done with two
servers. The FSW is on another server (a domain controller).

I have had reason to failover on one site, and while the databases went over,
there was a problem with the clients. This was to be expected, as the CAS array
was pointing to one server only. I wasn't do a NLB CAS Array over the WAN.
However a quick change on the DNS and the clients reconnected. Of course if the
WAN went, then the local clients would continue to operate correctly, because
nothing has changed for them.

Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise, Exchange 2010 SP1 Standard, all in vSphere 4.1. The
sites are connected on a site to site VPN.

What I also do is have all email come in through the data centre server. This
means that in the event of the main Office going down, the email is being
delivered to a server I control.

Simon.

--
Simon Butler
MVP: Exchange, MCSE

e: si...@sembee.co.uk
w: http://www.sembee.co.uk/
w: http://www.amset.info/
w: http://blog.sembee.co.uk/

Need cheap certificates for Exchange, compatible with Windows Mobile 5.0?
http://CertificatesForExchange.com/<http://certificatesforexchange.com/> for
certificates from just $23.99.
Need a domain for your certificate?
http://DomainsForExchange.net/<http://domainsforexchange.net/>