From: Senter, John [mailto:john.sen...@etrade.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2010 11:17 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: CAS array question

I am working on my Exchange 2010 upgrade project and having a issue with the
whole multiple site CAS array naming.

Primary Site:
        Redundant CAS, HT, Mailbox servers
        Split DAG to replicate to DR site
        All users mailbox will be active at this site
DR site:
        CAS, HT, Mailbox servers
        DAG copy of mailbox databases

So I create a CAS array at each site, CASA-Primary and CASA-DR. What do I use
for the FQDN for each CAS array?  Can I use the same FQDN in each array, say
Outlook.company.com, and the DNS entry would point the VIP for primary site and
in the event of site failure I would update the DNS entry to point to the VIP
at the DR site?

How does this change if we decided to have active mailbox databases at each
site, and to make it simple we keep on the 1 DAG?

or send an email to