Does Activesync come in through Client access, or hub transport?
Here's our setup in the lab:

We have all client connections coming through a TMG box in the DMZ, then
forwarded to our CAS array.

We are in the process of setting up an Edge Transport box in the DMZ, for all
mail flow.

We have public DNS entries for both public IPs, and an MX record pointing to
the Edge IP.

At the moment, I can come in using OWA, and get in to my lab mailbox.  I can
send e-mail out to the outside world just fine.  Expectedly, I can't receive
mail yet, since the Edge isn't built.  Should I be able to come in using
Activesync now, to see what is in the mailbox, or will that not work until the
Edge is setup?

Hope that's clear enough, if not, slap me, and I'll try to add to it.

Thanks,

Joe