I'm sure Exchange 2010 shouldn't be this much fun......

We have 2 x Exchange 2003 servers. We added an Exchange 2010 server a
month or so ago and moved some mailboxes on to it for testing. We then
added another Exchange 2010 to create a DAG. As this is going at a
remote site we put it on a different subnet and configured a temporary
router so that once we had it working locally we stood a good chance of
it working remotely as the ip addresses would be the same etc.

The DAG bit went well but at some time whilst playing the users on the
original Exchange 2010 server complained that their emails were not
being sent. To cut a long story short I took out all the DAG
configurations and removed the other configuration change I had made (I
had added a 2nd ip address to the network card and created a send
connector on the ip address to allow an internal server to relay). After
rebooting emails started going again.

Yesterday I revisited the 2nd Exchange 2010 server and just turned it on
and applied SP1 (to ensure it is the same as the 1st Exchange 2010
server) Note it is still not hosting any user mailboxes.

Today users on the 1st Exchange 2010 complained that emails were not
being sent again. This time I managed to find them in the queue viewer
for the 2nd Exchange 2010 server. Looking at the error it is saying  the
following:
451 4.4.0 Primary target ip responded with
451.5.7.3 cannot achieve exchange server authentication

I did notice that there was a route statement missing on the 2nd
Exchange 2010 server whic hwould have stopped it talking to the 2nd
Exchange 2003 server. I have since added it and can connect via smtp to
all the other Exchange servers.

To make matters worse I rebooted the second server and now when I try to
run the management console I get :

"The following error occurred while attempting to connect to the
specified exchange server dr.server.local

The attempt to connect to http://dr.server.local/PowerShell using the
Kerberos authentication failed: connecting to the remote server failed
with the following error message : Access denied"

So the main questions are why are the emails in a queue on the 2nd
Exchange 2010 server and why aren't they being sent? Note if I turn off
the 2nd Exchange 2010 server emails flow normally.
The second question is what has happened to the EMC?

Thanks

Andy

www.blackspider.com