If you're dealing with just a direct internet connection, shouldn't be too
difficult. You'll need the Virtual Machine network driver installed. This
download is for Virtual PC 2007 which includes the required driver.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=04d26402-3199-48a3-afa2-2dc0b40a73b6&DisplayLang=en

Within your emulator, click on File / Configure, Network, and bind the
NE2000 PCMCIA card to your network card. Open IE on the mobile device and
try browsing. If it doesn't work, click on Start, Settings, Connections,
advanced, select networks, change both options to 'My Work Network'.

That should be it.

- Sean