Okay... cancel this question. I bought a 3rd part plugin that seems to do the
trick.

Thanks,

Evan

From: Evan Brastow [mailto:ebras...@automatedemblem.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2010 5:14 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Rules firing only once... any thoughts?

Me again.

A while back I had inquired about a problem I had where I set up an Outlook
2007 rule on a mailbox whose purpose was to reply to each and every email that
comes in to that Inbox with a "We have received your mail" kind of template
mail. My problem was that it would only fire once for each unique sender.

So, here I am a while later, and I'm trying to fix that issue. My approach was
to take all of the customer email domains and set up a rule that says:

---

Apply this rule after the message arrives
with "customerdomain1.com" or "customerdomain2.com" or"customerdomain3.com"
or"customerdomain4.com" or"customerdomain5.com" in the sender's address
reply using c:\users\username\appdata\roaming\microsoft\templates\Thank you for
your email.oft

---

There will actually be a little over 100 domain names in this rule.

My problem remains the same, though... it's treating it as if it's an OOO....
it only fires once for every domain name. What am I doing wrong? It would be
ideal if I didn't even have to specify the domain name and could just make a
rule that said, "when an email arrives, reply using this template." But, as I
said above, I tried that, and it only sent the reply once for each email
sender. I thought this approach would fix it, but it didn't.

Thanks for any nuggets of wisdom. Google has failed me thus far.

Evan

or send an email to