Unfortunately, TNEF is a proprietary Microsoft format, and is the antithesis of
interoperability.

Phil

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Gurtz [mailto:jasongu...@npumail.com]
Sent: 29 October 2010 14:46
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Rich Text Format setting in Exchange 2010

Yea, that was a rhetorical question.  Many/most people I talk to that
allow RTF outbound to the Internet are blissfully unaware that things such
as the user's domain username or path to pst file are included in clear
text in the winmail.dat.

It's too bad, because the TNEF format its self is more efficient than the
various mime schemes.  Maybe these security issues will be fixed someday.

~JasonG