I’ve seen this when the domain on the other end has a different internal domain
name than their external name. Sounds like the cert is assigned to the internal
domain.

Phil

From: phil levine [mailto:plevin...@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 09, 2010 12:58 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: TLS Issue on Exchange 2010

I also get this error in the application log:

Authentication of the connection to secure domain failed because the Transport
Layer Security (TLS) server certificate didn't contain the name of that domain.
Either contact the administrator for domain to resolve the problem with their
certificate or remove the domain from the domain-secured list.

i did turn on verbose logging also. waiting on some new data.