So I bit the bullet and upgraded to Office 2010 and all was well until

1.       I noticed that my OST was almost 50GB and STILL GROWING, which
is odd because my OST was no more than 17GB with  Office 2007

a.       Hmm ok so I thought maybe it was a bizarre issue adding in
additional information to my pre-existing Office 2007 OST so I deleted
the OST and started over

b.      Nope again it grew with great gusto and had no intention of
stopping.  Also I couldn't see any of my calendar information

2.       Ok so I said heck with it for now I will turn cached mode off

a.       Umm nope even if you turn cached mode off it still creates an
OST

b.      Round and round I went until I found an article on this issue
that occurs on Terminal Service and Citrix boxes.  Only thing is I am
running on a laptop with XP so....

                                                                i.
I went ahead anyway and followed this article just for kicks and it
worked, i.e. no more OST

For anyone who's interested, I created the following registry key to
stop the OST from growing:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Policies/Microsoft/Office/14.0/Outlook/OST

In that key I created a DWORD named NoOST and set the value to 2.

3.        So I solved my OST issue for the moment with the above but;

a.       Anyone know why the OST file size is so out of control?

                                                                i.
Yes I have a large mailbox and actually it's in its own database and no
more than 20GB and like I said in Outlook 2007 is was about 17GB

                                                               ii.
I would really like to run an OST but not is its going to be 3+x the
mailbox size

b.      Also any insight on why O2010 decides to ignore the settings in
the profile?

Troy C. Werelius
Lucid8, LLC
troy_werel...@lucid8.com
425.456.8499
Monday-Friday 8AM to 6PM PST

  <http://www.lucid8.com/>

- This message (including any attachments) contains confidential
protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should
copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action
based on it, is strictly prohibited.