From: bounce-9206161-8066...@lyris.sunbelt-software.com
[bounce-9206161-8066...@lyris.sunbelt-software.com] on behalf of Campbell, Rob
[rob_campb...@centraltechnology.net]
Sent: 16 December 2010 17:26
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Testing operational status of an Exchange 2010 CAS server

135 is the RPC port mapper.  It’s used to negotiate an rpc connection for a
specific service, and that can be any arbitrary unused port above 49152.

If you want to lock down the ports on the firewall, you’ll need to edit the
registry to force the CAS servers to only use specific ports:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/configuring-static-rpc-ports-on-an-exchange-2010-client-access-server.aspx