Just confirming that Greg is correct; once the schema is extended, it's
extended and it ain't going back. Note that I've refrained from any unsavory
allusions.

From: greg.swe...@actsconsulting.net [mailto:greg.swe...@actsconsulting.net]
Sent: Wednesday, January 19, 2011 12:31 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Completely Removing Exchange

I am assuming that you have performed all operations to ensure nothing is
referring or needed on Exchange 2003 before removing of course.  RUS is not
used in 2007 or 2010 anymore.

Removing Exchange 2003 will not affect the existing AD emails. Those are in the
proxyaddress field which is what Google Sync uses I believe.   It should remove
all references for the server for the purposes of Exchange, but as to how much
and exactly what AD attributes for 2003 are removed I could not tell you that.

Schema extensions are usually one way.  Once done they don't get removed.  I am
sure someone more knowledgeable can confirm or deny.

Greg Sweers
CEO
ACTS360.com<http://www.acts360.com/>
P.O. Box 1193