Greetings,
I am a long time network and server systems admin, but recently became
responsible for EXCHANGE environment management as well - so still learning.

We are EXCHANGE 2010 SP1.

Current request I am working on is:

We have a specific user where everything should remain functional - EXCEPT -
the user should not be allowed to send any emails at all to either internal or
external.

Hub Transport is where I have been looking - from people - add user from list -
and next screen

But not sure of the best option to select to test:

"send rejection message with enhanced status code" (this leads to more wizard
screens I can't answer)"
"Delete the message without notifying anyone"

The second option would be OK, but it would be nice to provide a notification
to the user to remind them they can't send anything.

Putting this another way, the goal is to make sure the user has a fully
functional mailbox - EXCEPT not allowed to send ANY emails.

Hoping someone has had to deal with this scenario for a specific user.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Dana