Hardly any acronyms. Michael will have no clue what you said...

From: Joseph L. Casale [mailto:jcas...@activenetwerx.com]
Sent: Friday, January 21, 2011 9:27 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: 2010sp1 Receive Connectors

Hey Kevin,
It's at 5 seconds. I believe it more to be a situation where the wsus server is
given the authentication options and chooses to authenticate by its computer
account who then can't send as some particular user (who wsus is set to
impersonate) as that's not the smtp address of the computer account. If wsus
would authenticate anonymously, it would probably work.

Looks like a common issue:)
http://forums.techarena.in/server-update-service/1054599.htm

I'll keep searching, I hope the only option isn't as draconian as new connector
on a different port, sigh...

jlc