Did I reply to this?  Don't think so.  But yes, you could manually install
the certs to each machine.  Just wanted to make sure you're aware.

From: Paul Hutchings [mailto:paul.hutchi...@mira.co.uk]
Sent: 25 January 2011 16:34
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: New Exchange 2010 Installation

The Outlook clients will all be either using "full" online or cached mode
and should be 2007 or 2010 - there won't be any remote access of any sort at
all just LAN connectivity.

When you say Outlook doesn't play well with self-signed, presumably you're
OK so long as you have the root CA installed on the client(s)?