According to MS...The first routing group connector between Exchange 2010
and Exchange 2003 is created and configured during installation of the first
Hub Transport server role in an existing Exchange organization. Perform this
procedure if you have planned your routing topology and decided to create
additional connectors between Exchange versions.

I've got both the Exchange 2003 and 2010 servers sending mail out to the
internet...but I can not seem to get mail flowing between the two servers.
 I am not getting outside mail flowing into the 2010 box yet either, but
that is due to my firewall rules...which I will change when mail is flowing
between the two servers.

I have the two hub transport receive connectors (client and default) that
were automatically created as well as the send connector that I manually
created for outbound email.

Any ideas appreciated.