From: Carl Houseman [mailto:c.house...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, January 28, 2011 6:45 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Archiving Public Folders and what are people using instead of
Public Folders.

Just an observation.  Just because Microsoft wants people to do something
doesn't mean you should do that thing, especially if it's not necessary, either
for your business plan or due to technology.

Another observation:  PF's still exist in 2010.   If PF's have disappeared by
the time of your NEXT Exchange migration, and you follow the pattern of the
past, that will be in the year 2017 or 2018.  Meanwhile, you have 6-7 years to
continue using PF's and plan the migration to something else.

(Nope, I'm not much of a proponent of change for change's sake...)

Carl