Greetings,
We use many "central" mailboxes as well.

We had this problem with OUTLOOK 2010 rollout and had to request a hotfix from
MS to resolve.
Not sure why this basic function was not built into the client.

YMMV,but check KB 2459115 to start -there may be a newer KB or someone on list
will respond.

We also had to do ( per MS )

1)      Create the following Registry Key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook\Preferences
DWORD: delegatesentitemsstyle
Value: 1
But this did resolve the issues.
Again, this is for OUTLOOK 2010.