Hi,

Recently we had a discussion on the list about whether a load balancer was
*required* for running multiple exchange servers.

If we did want a load balancer to automate the process can anyone recommend a
unit they are using? What are the particular requirements of a load balancer?
Clearly if the primary exchange server in our two Exchange server setup is dead
then the load balancing role is fairly easy: if the server doesn't respond
failover. But I'm guessing that the load balancer would also need to be able to
handle more esoteric issues like users not being able to log on due to the Info
Store being stopped, or 500 errors etc.

Any comments/suggestions?

Olly