From: Kent, Larry CTR US USA [mailto:larry.k...@us.army.mil]
Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2011 2:24 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Prevent HelpDesk from changing user Phone numbers (UNCLASSIFIED)

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED

Caveats: NONE

All:

I probably should know how to do this.  Exchange 2003. We allow our help desk
people to unlock accounts, change passwords ,etc. All was done by delegating
control. I would like to be able to prevent them from changing the user's
telephone number. Under delegate Control in ADUC in the create a custom task to
delegate, I've checked only user objects in the 'only the following objects in
the folder' and for property specific permissions I've only checked Read, Read
All Properties, Change password, and Reset password. Read and write phone and
mail options is NOT checked.  Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Larry

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED

Caveats: NONE