A bunch of us in IT and a few others in the company (so maybe 20 - 30 total)
are now on Outlook 2010 but we are still in migration from Exchange 2003 to
Exchange 2010.  Only about 50 pilot users are on Exchange 2010, and some are
Outlook 2010 but most are Outlook 2007.

We found that we needed to put this registry change in to continue to book
meetings from Outlook 2010 as the resources are set up for direct booking in
Exchange 2003.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3bEN-US%3b982774

A couple of questions:  (1) As long as I have users on E2003 can I move
resources to E2010 and set them up there?  Or do I need to keep them as
resources still on E2003?

(2) The bigger problem is that I have 4 developers, including my boss, who are
getting errors when stating Outlook. The DLL varies, but sometimes olmapi32.dll
 or mso.dll is listed in the crash The only way around it is to start in Safe
Mode.  2 of those 4 people are also getting errors when booking the E2003
Resources even though they have this registry change on their system.  By error
in this case, I mean that the resource acts like it is booked (I have a rule
set up to reply that they have not booked the resource correctly) but they
actually have booked it as a resource.  It just does not act like it. I have to
either book the meeting for them (and I am also on Outlook 2010 with this
registry change applied) or I have to go into the conference room and accept
their meeting request like the good ole' days. :)

Has anyone seen this kind of behavior?

Thanks,
Alice

Alice Goodman, MCSE, LEED AP
P 206.832.8295 | C 206.793.4030 | F 206.658.1797
Sr. Exchange Administrator

McKINSTRY FOR THE LIFE OF YOUR BUILDING
Consulting | Construction | Energy | Facility Services

www.mckinstry.com<http://www.mckinstry.com/>