From: Tu, Kevin [mailto:k...@ccscorporation.ca]
Sent: Monday, February 28, 2011 10:30 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Load Balancing Incoming Email Using DNS MX Records

Hello,

It seems there are two ways to load balancing incoming email using DNS MX
records.

Method 1: Multiple MX records with equal priority.

Method 2: One MX record with multiple IP address.

What's the pros and cons? Somebody suggested the Method 1, because multiple MX
entries with the same priority will cause the mail to be delivered faster to
the alternative server if the first one it tries is unavailable. Is that right?

Thanks,

This email and any files transmitted with it are solely intended for the use of
the addressee(s) and may contain information that is confidential and
privileged. If you receive this email in error, please advise us by return
email immediately. Please also disregard the contents of the email, delete it
and destroy any copies
immediately.
CCS Corporation and its subsidiaries do not accept liability for the views
expressed in the email or for the consequences of any malicious code that may
be transmitted with this email.
This email is also subject to copyright. No part of it should be reproduced,
adapted or transmitted without the written consent of the copyright owner.

CCS-06-01-2009

or send an email to