Folks,

I am getting extremely frustrated trying to rename an Exchange OWA NLB
cluster. I am currently testing Exchange 2010 migration. I want to
expose my test OWA2003 server externally so I can test mobile migrations
etc etc. This is a clone of (half) of my live NLB cluster (say
"OWALIVE") and it works fine as cloned, after I re-setup the cluster to
use the "new" network cards VMWare has introduced.

However when I try re-naming the cluster, say to "OWATEST" in the
Microsoft NLB manager I get a "404 not found" message when I try and
open the page.  NSLOOKUP confirms the new name is correctly registered
in the DNS. I can't find any reference to the old name in the registry,
IIS Configs or Exchange configs so I am now totally baffled. Oddly the
old name still works...

Any suggestions..

Dave Wade

27 March 2011 is National Census Day. Get behind Stockport. Remember to
complete and return your questionnaire to make sure Census 2011 helps us
accurately understand what Stockport needs for the next 10 years. For more
information, please go to www.stockport.gov.uk/census

This email, and any files transmitted with it, is confidential and
are addressed. As a public body, the Council may be required to disclose this
email,  or any response to it,  under the Freedom of Information Act 2000,
unless the information in it is covered by one of the exemptions in the Act.

If you receive this email in error please notify Stockport ICT, Business
Services via email.qu...@stockport.gov.uk and then permanently remove it from
your system.

Thank you.

http://www.stockport.gov.uk