Yup - same hardware and OS service pack level (HP ProLiant DL580 G5).

Unfortunately, by the time we've noticed the queues building up, it's so
unresponsive that we can't even open event viewer.

Richard

From: bounce-9306874-8066...@lyris.sunbelt-software.com
[mailto:bounce-9306874-8066...@lyris.sunbelt-software.com] On Behalf Of Michael
B. Smith
Sent: 28 March 2011 14:28
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Need some help with /RecoverServer

Perhaps a stupid question - but you DID install this on a 64-bit server, right?

If you restart all the Exchange services when the queue starts to build, does
that help?

Yes, there are lots of issues (think IUSR and IWAM accounts) that could be
issues with renaming a computer and then running /RecoverServer. I really don't
know what the support stance on that is.

Regards,

Michael B. Smith
Consultant and Exchange MVP
http://TheEssentialExchange.com