Okay, here's hoping there's no such thing as a stupid question.  Still
learning Exchange 2010.

Is there a mechanism in Exchange 2010 that would start blocking email
from a system if it began blasting say... 1000 emails all at one time?

One of our Sys Admins was doing a configuration change which resulted in
1000+ emails being generated and directed toward our Exchange 2010
server.  Then they stopped being delivered.  When he directed the emails
back to our old Exchange 2003 server they began flowing again.

So I'm wondering if there's something in there that says, "If I get
blasted with 1000 emails within X amount of time, something is wrong and
I'm going to block this."  If there is such a thing, where would I go to
unblock it?

-Paul