From: Kurt Buff [mailto:kurt.b...@gmail.com]
Sent: 30 March 2011 03:22
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Thoughts on a spamming incident?

A question....

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 16:25, Simon Butler <si...@sembee.co.uk> wrote:
> An authenticated relay attack wouldn't appear in the journal because the
> messages are being "bounced" off SMTP, they aren't actually being delivered
> to the Exchange server.

I'm not so sure about this part, because the ISP sent me the headers
from the offending email, shown below, and they clearly show that the
message transited from the AU Exchange server to the US Exchange
server, then out of our org.

Wouldn't this transaction be journaled? If not journaled, why?

Again - xch.example.com is our US server, and auxch.example.com is our
AU server.

Kurt