My search skills are failing me on this one....

One Exchange 2003server, fully patched. Exchange organization
responsible for 2 domains. If an email is sent out to a misspelled
internal address of the primary domain, the sender gets an NDR. If an
email is set out is a misspelled internal address of the secondary
domain, the email is routed outbound to our smart host (which drops it
for policy reasons) and the sender does not receive an NDR. My
question is why would the bad email be routed outbound at all?
Shouldn't the Exchange server generate an NDR? The secondary email is
set up in the recipient policy and it is checked that the Exchange
Organization is responsible for all mail to this address.

Chuck Parkey