We have an ex2k10sp1 box that sits behind our spam system. We have always
had verify recievers on (450 or 550). This would greatly reduce the amount
of email we have to process because an email address that doesn't exist the
filter simply drops it.

Since 2010 our filter gets dropped by the exchange server. It's a single
server, small office, I thought maybe if I put the anti-spam agents on it
and enabled recipient filtering that would solve my issue but it doesn't ...

There probably is a workaround but for example this month we have processed
350k messages outbound from <>  (i.e. ndrs) and such going out for invalid
user. When we had the verify options on that number would be right in line
with our outbound email counts.

Ive been googling around about seeing if theres a way to re-enable that
without success. Mail flow is perfect otherwise so I don't think it's a
misconfig on my end...

I looked at enabling my external smtp as a trusted internal connector and
such thinking maybe I would get more smtp options but that didn't seem to do
it either.

Thanks

Connection info from external spam filter:

RCPT from mail-vx0-f175.google.com[209.85.220.175]: 450 4.1.1
<b...@email.com>: Recipient address rejected: unverified address: lost
connection with my.ip.add.ress