Greetings,
We have EXCHANGE 2010 SP1 about 1200 users.
When we migrated from NOVELL GROUPWISE 8 , we had to provide archives for a
smooth transition.
For legal reasons, we wish to disable archives for many users, but need the
ability to re-enable if needed with the data available.

So if we use the EXCHANGE MMC (or PS script) and disable archive for a user(s),
can we simply go back in EXCHANGE MMC and enable if needed?
Putting this another way, does disable archive remove the archive data, or is
it as simple as going back, click enable archive and the user archive data will
be restored?

Thank you for any input.
Dana