I actually just started reading up on slit DNS, and the drawback *seems* as I
have not yet finished doing the research ,

http://www.isaserver.org/tutorials/You_Need_to_Create_a_Split_DNS.html
"ISA Server Alert
You must have two DNS servers in order for the split DNS infrastructure to
work. You can't create the same zone twice on the same DNS server. The internal
zone and the external zones must be located on different DNS servers. You can't
do this with a single DNS Server!"

Now I dont know if this is ONLY when ISA is involved  , or if they are
referring to two DNS servers in one site, or two total DNS server (HQ and
Remote office).

I will post my findings (hopefully) when I have a resolution

Jean-Paul Natola