I was just about to post the same thing.  I was up all night trying to shut
the server down gracefully after uninstalling the patch.  dw20.exe and
dw20.exe*32 or some such kept eating all my processor power and kept
respawning when I killed them.  Finally set all the stuck exchange services
to disabled and stopped them.  That allowed me to finally shut down the
server.

-Bill