I stayed with update 18 as when I moved off of it BAS stopped working.

I am about to upgrade from BES 5.0.2 to 5.0.3 in the next few weeks so will see
if that changes anything with this issue.

Alice

From: Steve Ens [mailto:stevey...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2011 9:36 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Re: OT: BESx and Java updates

I've been upgrading Java versions...throwing caution to the wind.
On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 11:33 AM, Bill Songstad
<bsongs...@gmail.com<mailto:bsongs...@gmail.com>> wrote:
Hi all.  I'm sort of feeling like I'm caught between a rock and a dumb place
here.  On the one hand, I've got my security guys telling me that Java 6 upd 18
that was installed by BESx has multiple vulnerabilities, and that I need to
upgrade it or remove it,  and on the other hand, I've got the folks at
Blackberry saying don't mess with the included version of Java.

How are you other BES admins dealing with this?

-Bill

or send an email to

or send an email to