We are testing the procedure for shutting down Exchange 2003 in an Exchange
2007 environment. We had to keep E03 for a while due to a software connector
pointing to the Public Folders that wasn't compatible with E07 for a long time.

That has been resolved, so we're ready to move the PF's to E07 and be done with
the old boat anchor server that E03 is on.

But during testing we noticed that old Public folders that were originally
created on the Exchange 5.5 server, then moved to Exchange 2003, do not have
their email attributes when moved to Exchange 2007 servers as seen in the
Public Folder Management Console. Trying to send an email to the PF fails.

In production, the Public Folder Management Console also doesn't see the email
attributes, but the PF's are still receiving email because they are on E03 and
only replicated to the Hub Transports.

This is not the end of the world, as there aren't that many old PF's involved.
After the move it would only take us an hour or less to generate new email
attributes.

Just wanted to know if anyone has run in to this before?

 Larry C. Brown
   LAN/WAN CS Support
Dayton Power & Light
        (937)-331-4922