We migrated to Ex07 from 03 and what we found was using the domain/username
combination works

From: John Sparrow [mailto:jspar...@travco.co.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2011 6:03 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Remote XP Users on Ex10

Hi All

Hopefully you'll be able to help me, as you guys are the "all knowing"

We are currently in the process of migrating from Ex2k3 to Ex2k10 and we have a
number of remote users using rpc/http on xp.

When the users are on ex2k3 the rpc/http works correctly, when since we've
migrated their mailboxes over to Ex2k10 their outlook never connects to https.

This works correctly on win7, so I know its not an issue with mailbox settings
or certs to a point....

The only way the xp users can use their accounts is by connecting to our vpn
first so it communicates over tcp/ip.

I have also tried various versions of outlook (2003/2007/2010) but still the
same problem :(

We have 2 mailbox servers in a dag, 2 cas servers in the casarray, and 2
barracuda load balancers.

All ex2k10 servers are running sp1 ru2 (8.0.535.0).

Ive tried googling the issue but no resolution yet :(

Any of you lovely people have an idea what could be wrong, or where to look?

Cheers in advance

John

or send an email to