From: Michael B. Smith [mailto:mich...@smithcons.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2011 11:58 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Am I in a corner?

Members of a DAG require that databases protected by the DAG must be
consistently deployed. So..they all must be on E: once you
Add-MailboxDatabaseCopy (or perform the similar activity in the GUI).

What method are you wanting to use to grow the partition?

Regardless, the easiest thing would be to present a new mount point as G:
(or something) and put the new DB there.

In Exchange 2010 there is rarely reason to separate log and database
volumes.

Regards,

Michael B. Smith

Consultant and Exchange MVP