From: Jason Gurtz [mailto:jasongu...@npumail.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 09, 2011 8:48 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: HP E5500 Appliance

I took a look and my general take is you'll get all the disadvantages of a
blade platform, but none of the advantages. Someone mentioned $55K.  For
basically half that you could have 2 high-end DL380 G7 pizza boxes and 2
copies of Win Server Datacenter. Run hypervisor du jour, etc...

I guess the market for this might be the med-large biz with little to no
in-house talent and someone visiting monthly to do patching? Seems
over-kill for a small biz. ...questioning how many largish businesses
operate this way. Is it really a good thing if someone with no talent is
clicking through a wizard to install an exchange DAG cluster?

Neat idea, but what is the value?

~JasonG

It
> will come back with videos that are 10 minutes or shorter.  Start the
> introduction, and it will cycle through them all with about 30 seconds
> between them.
>

> Basically an HP/MS co-developed and supported appliance that's a 2-blade
> unit with 16 internal LFF 6G SAS drives.  Each blade is has Server 2008
R2